Kontio SmartLog™ Is An Innovative Solution For Massive Wooden Buildings
- Architecture with free design and style for massive wooden buildings
- The Healthy Living beneﬁts of Kontio Arctic Pine™ massive wood
- Durable, ecological, and long-lasting construction
- Advanced engineering and prefabricated joints, details and technical solutions
- Low-energy building solutions
SmartLog™ offers new possibilities for modern massive log architecture. This is because these logs are manufactured using a new technique and they do not settle as they dry, unlike regular massive logs. This feature means that designs can be more flexible, and that various building materials can be combined, while still enjoying the beneﬁcial properties of massive wood. SmartLog™ also makes the use of minimalistic details possible because log settling does not have to be considered and moisture-related dimensional changes in the wood are minimal.
Beauty Is In The Details
SmartLog™ also offers fresh possibilities for interiors.
Kontio Smart Log is produced from three pine lamellas that are glued crosswise to each other using high pressure to form long laminated log elements. The cross ways arrangement of the longitudinal and crosswise laminates reduces the shrinkage and the swelling of the log wall to an insigniﬁcant minimum. The static strength and shape retention are also increased considerably, which makes free architectural design possible.
Would you like to know more?